Bargain Properties has Indianapolis Vacation Rentals and Indianapolis Hotels for your next vacation.
Find the Perfect Cheap Hotels and Cheap Car Rentals in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, often abbreviated Indy , is the capital of the U.S. state of Indiana, and the county seat of Marion County, Indiana. It is Indiana's largest city and is the 14th largest city in the U.S., the third largest city in the Midwest (behind Chicago and Detroit), the second most populous state capital (after Phoenix, Arizona), and the most populous state capital east of the Mississippi River. Indianapolis is also one of the fastest growing regions in the Midwest.
Indianapolis has an extensive municipal park system with nearly 200 parks occupying over 10,000 acres (40 km2). The flagship Eagle Creek Park is the largest municipal park in the city, and ranks among the largest urban parks in the United States.
Other major Indianapolis Regional parks include:
* Garfield Park (Established in 1881, it is the oldest city park in Indianapolis and contains a conservatory and sunken gardens. Located on the Near South Side)
* Riverside Park (Near West Side)
* Sahm Park (Northeast side)
* Southeastway Park (Franklin Township, Marion County)
* Southwestway Park (Decatur Township, Marion County)
* White River State Park (Just West of downtown. Has cultural, educational and recreational attractions as well as trails and waterways.)
Amongst the many attractions at the Indianapolis Zoo is the dolphinarium
Opened in 1988, the Indianapolis Zoo is the largest zoo in the state, and is located just west of downtown in White River State Park. It has 360 species of animals, and is known for its dolphin exhibit, which includes the only underwater viewing dome in the Midwest.
Indianapolis is home to a wealth of venues for the performing arts. The following theatres offer plays, Broadway hits, comedy, musicals, concerts, and other live performances to Indy theater goers.
* Indiana Repertory Theatre
* American Cabaret Theatre at the Athenæum (Das Deutsche Haus)
* Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra at Hilbert Circle Theatre
* Madame Walker Theatre Center
* Murat Centre
* Phoenix Theatre (Indianapolis)
Indianapolis has a wide variety of museums and galleries which appeal to art lovers, car enthusiasts, sports fans, history channel addicts, and science and technology brain acts.
* Children's Museum of Indianapolis (the largest children's museum in the world)
* Indiana State Museum
* Indianapolis Museum of Art
* Indianapolis Artsgarden
* Indianapolis Museum of Contemporary Art
* Herron School of Art
* NCAA Hall of Champions (Hall of Fame for college athletics)
* Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum
* National Museum of Sport at University Place
* Colonel Eli Lilly Civil War Museum
* Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art
* James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home
* Conner Prairie (A living history museum)
* Indiana Historical Society
* Indiana Medical History Museum
Other places of interest
* Heslar Naval Armory
* Humane Society of Indianapolis
* Indiana State Fairgrounds
* Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library
* Irvington Historic District
* Slippery Noodle Inn
Indianapolis in Indiana.
Speedway Bed and Breakfast - Indianapolis Located in the little town of Speedway. Surrounded by the city of Indianapolis, you'll find a feeling of home. When May rolls around, this conservative, secure little Midwest community undergoes a complete metamorphosis as it is full of racing activity. Everything is exciting and alive as the town is jump started to life with people from all corners of the world. The Speedway Bed and Breakfast was built in 1906. On the property known as Bakers Walnut Grove, the lumber used in the construction of the house was obtained from the forest along Eagle Creek. Check out the website
Phone: (800) 975-3142 Price Range: $76 - $150 Size: 1 - 5 Units Open Season: N/A
Kids Allowed: Yes Pets Allowed: No Restaurant Onsite: No Conference Facility: No
Nearest Popular City: Speedway Nearest Lake/River: N/A Languages: English Lodging Types: Bed and Breakfasts Activities: Motor sports, Sightseeing
The Villa Inn - Indianapolis Whether you choose the elegant luxury of the 4 rooms in The Villa or the quiet seclusion of Stanza 5 or Stanza 6 in our Carriage House, your accommodations at The Villa Inn/ Restaurant/Spa will surpass your expectations!
Phone: 317-916-8500 Price Range: $151 - $250 Size: 6 - 19 Units Open Season: N/A
Kids Allowed: Yes Pets Allowed: No Restaurant Onsite: Yes Conference Facility: Yes
Nearest Popular City: Indianapolis Nearest Lake/River: N/A Languages: English Lodging Types: Bed and Breakfasts Activities: Fitness and Beauty, Gourmet Dining
People who read this page on Vacation Rentals, were also interested in the following Vacation Rentals pages: